Bereavement Support Resources
Adult Reading Resource List
- How to Go On Living When Someone You Love Dies by Therase A. Rando, Ph.D.
- Seven Choices; Finding Daylight After Loss Shatters Your World by Martha Whitmore
- Healing After Loss; Daily Meditations for Working Through Grief by Martha Whitmore
- Widow to Widow; Thoughtful, Practical Ideas Rebuilding Your Life by Genevieve Davis Ginsburg
- No Time for Good-byes, Coping with Sorrow, and Anger and Injustice After a Tragic Death by Janice Harris Lord
- I Wasn’t Ready to Say Good-bye: Surviving Coping & Healing After the Sudden Death of a Loved One by Brook Noel and Pamela D. Blair, PhD
- Father Loss, How Sons of All Ages come to Terms with Deaths of Their Dads by Neil Chethik
- Motherless Daughters, the Legacy of Loss by Hope Edelman
- The Grieving Garden, Living with the Death of a Child by Suzanne Redfern and Sesan K. Gilbert
- Sad Isn’t Bad by Michalene Mundy (Good Grief Guidebook for Kids dealing with loss)
- When Dinosaurs Die, A Guide to Understanding Death by Laurie Krasny Brown and Marc Brown
- Gran-Gran’s Best Trick, A Story for Children Who Have Lost Someone They Love by L. Dwight Holden, MD (loss of a grandfather)
- Love You Forever by Robert Munsch
- The Empty Place, A Child’s Guide Through Grief by Roberta Temes, PhD
- Fire in My Heart, Ice in My Veins (a journal for teenagers experiencing a loss) by Enid Samuel-Traisman, M.S.W.
Web Resources on Grief:
- www.griefwatch.com A resource for dealing with loss.
- www.centerforloss.com A resource for dealing with loss.
- www.mygrief.ca A resource for dealing with grief by Virtual Hospice.
- www.chpca.net The Canadian Hospice Palliative Care Association provides leadership and advocacy for quality hospice palliative care for all Canadians.
- www.ahpca.ca The Alberta Hospice Palliative Care Association serves as a provincial resource for hospice palliative care for Albertans.
- www.virtualhospice.ca Information and support on palliative and end of life care, loss and grief.